« Home | My latest interest... Pro Cycling » | Our name was thieved! » | Good stuff » | Oh Trips, the things you say » | Zibbidybop » | Extreme Championship Wrestling » | Ireland Day » | Triple H's mind » | The Adventures of Zed Ladd » | Sick as a » 

Monday, March 28, 2005 

The Best RAW in Years!

So I decided that I may as well watch the big Wrestlemania lead-in RAW episode, best decision ever! It has been quite some time since I've watched a full episode of RAW, over a year I'm sure. Most times I have it on but don't watch, tonight I watched.The buildup for Batista vs Triple H is incredible. Batista is a legitimate threat, and he was built up very well. The people absolutely LOVE Batista. They showed a video package of the story between Trips and Batista... damn that was great stuff. I give credit to the E now, they clearly have a major match going. That half-Filipino Batista had better win that title.There was a video package for The Undertaker that showed in all his dark glory all of his past Wrestlemania wins. All that old school deadman Undertaker stuff was really nostalgic. The lights going off, the ring lighting on fire and the gongs... oh those gongs. I thought that Randy Orton was either going to be forgotten for Wrestlemania or thrown in to something crappy, but they managed to hand him a good match that goes along with his gimmick of the legend killer.Angle was on RAW! He interfered in HBK's match. Nothing much else, I just know that match is going to be killer. Those two should really light up the placeNotice I haven't really talked about matches yet? Well that's because this show was all about Wrestlemania, and I must say that it sold it well. If I was stupid enough to pay for PPVs anymore I would consider it. But I don't pay for wrestling unless I'm live.There was one great match, and it involved the participants of the ladder match of course. Edge, Christian & Tyson Tomko lost to Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho and Shelton Benjamin. This was a decent match for WWE and better than any random 6-Man scramble in ROH. Chris Benoit busted open his head pretty good and bled a lot for a TV taping. In the finisher rush at the end Shelton Benjamin hit a cool Exploder/Belly-to-Belly and Tyson Tomko nearly killed Benjamin with a Glory Kick.So overall very good lead-in show. I'll watch Smackdown to see how they do, then I'll make my predictions for Wrestlemania on Friday or Saturday.

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates