« Home | Our name was thieved! » | Good stuff » | Oh Trips, the things you say » | Zibbidybop » | Extreme Championship Wrestling » | Ireland Day » | Triple H's mind » | The Adventures of Zed Ladd » | Sick as a » | Romance of the Three Kingdoms - The Movie! » 

Sunday, March 27, 2005 

My latest interest... Pro Cycling

I know, it surprised me too. Really it started last summer when I had that horrible sunburn and couldn't do anything except sit on my ass. It just so happened the Tour de France was happening, so I ended up watching that every day. I really got interested in it, not just for the cycling but also for the sweeping shots of all these amazing scenes in France. Then the race ended and I stopped watching.
Then the new racing 'season' started up a while ago, and I started watching again at the beginning of March or so.
I'm not entirely certain why I like it, but I do. It's a sport due to the demanding physicality of it, putting crap like Nascar to shame. I definately didn't jump on the Lance Armstrong bandwagon and I'm not really interested in him. He sort of bores me. Yes I know he beat cancer and then broke the Tour de France win record, good for him. Everyone knew it would happen, and it's nice that it did so one of us dirty Yanks can reign on top of that. Still, I can't pinpoint why I like cycling. I haven't even ridden a bike in like 5 years. But then again, I bet I couldn't pinpoint why I like wrestling so much.
Every Sunday I actually look forward to watching 'Cyclism Sundays' on... the Outdoor Life Network. Holy hell I want to watch something on OLN. Holy crap I just abbreviated the Outdoor Life Network.
Names are starting to ring in my head, names I'm not even sure of but that I've heard the announcer say in hilarious British dozens of times. Ivan Basso, Bobby Julich, Robbie McEwen, Jan Ullrich, Jose Azevado, Thor Hushovd, Erik Zabel. I don't even know these people, but I know there names.
I will continue to watch cycling every Sunday, and everyday of the Tour de France.

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates