« Home | Ireland Day » | Triple H's mind » | The Adventures of Zed Ladd » | Sick as a » | Romance of the Three Kingdoms - The Movie! » | Picture picture » | Rain, Sleet, Freezing Snow » | FUCK BLOG » | Kenta Kobashi down » | RE4 - GOTY? » 

Friday, March 18, 2005 

Extreme Championship Wrestling



ECW was the ultimate revolution in wrestling, it came at a time when wrestling was stagnant. It breathed life into an industry and became the ultimate underground wrestling movement. But I never knew about it in it's early days because I didn't watch wrestling, then when I started watching again in 1998 all I watched was the WWF. How stupid of me. I didn't catch wind of ECW until Steve told me about it in probably 2000, when they had a show on TNN. I only caught a few episodes before it was cancelled. Then the promotion died away in 2001. It was about that time I became VERY interested in ECW. Well tough shit, it's dead. So I was a fan too late for ECW. But I followed it, knowing I would never be able to truly follow it or more importantly see it live. But I never counted on the ECW reunion.
Hammerstein's Ballroom, June 2005.
I need to be there.

Sure I've checked and the seating is about 2700 max, and the absolute insanity I would have to go through to get tickets to this show and then somehow pull a Homer and get a ride to New York would be far too much too handle. Still, I need to try. It's too important. It's the absolute LAST chance in the history of the world to see ECW live. To see almost the entire "cast" there. The list of wrestlers returning is already staggering. Sabu, Sandman, Masato fucking Tanaka. This includes the ex-ECW people already on their roster. Rhyno, Tajiri, Dreamer, Dudleyz, Taz, RVD (won't wrestle) and all the rest.
This is the last chance noone expected. I have to at least try and plan it out, it's not until June.
If I don't end up going, hey that's just fine, it's me after all and what do I ever accomplish? But I need to try. This is ECW, this is why wrestling is good. To attend an ECW event in Hammerstein's ballroom chanting those three magic letters E-C-W, E-C-W, E-C-W, E-C-W... I MUST BE THERE!

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates