« Home | RE4 - GOTY? » | America vs Japan - Dream Matches » | A Message from Paul French Fries » | Greatness Returns » | Fsking Camera » | Koji Kount - IWGP Heavyweight! » | Koji Kount - Triple Crown! » | Ets not all negative » | What was and what is » | Reverse the Curse » 

Saturday, March 05, 2005 

Kenta Kobashi down

Kenta Kobashi has lost the GHC Heavyweight title. That's right, his two year reign ended. He was beaten by Takeshi Rikio. He lost... the untouchable god of puroresu and of wrestling lost. The two greatest title reigns in years are over, as Samoa Joe lost his months ago and now Kobashi couldn't hold on any more. I guess Rikio was all NOAH had, their only chance for a future.
Kenta Kobashi's reign with the GHC title was one of the most impressive reigns I've ever personally witnessed. Almost every match for the title was great, especially against Akiyama. He managed to pull off great matches with Taue, Saito, Takayama, hell even Mike Awesome. It truly saddens me that it had to end. I'm sure he'll still be putting on great matches. He's been champion as long as I've been following Japanese wrestling, so this is a huge change. All kinds of crazy title things going on in Japan. Kojima 4-Crown, Rikio Global Honored Crown.
I hope that losing the title doesn't put an end to Kobashi's American tour. I've read that the American tour was so that he could put value on the GHC title, but now that he doesn't have it that couldn't be the point of a tour. Please Kobashi, come to America, come to Ring of Honor. And for the love of Hitler come to Boston.

Marge: C'mon, Homer, Japan will be fun. You like Rashoman.
Homer: That's not how I remember it. Besides, if we wanted to see Japanese people we could have gone to the zoo.
Marge: Homer!
Homer: What? The guy who washes the elephants is Japanese. His name is Takashi. He's in my book club.

Wow, I'm convinced that Agrippa is Samoa Joe. Fun fact, Samoa Joe's real name is Joe Seonoa. And despite my mindless ramblings when I watched ya'll beat Shadow of Rome, it is pretty historically accurate and Agrippa was real.

KOBASHI, KOBASHI, KOBASHI, KOBASHI!

Post a Comment

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates