« Home | NJPW can go fuck itself » | Several Interesting Comments » | ICNCU-MLIAFUM » | Sabu is on My Television » | Halofeshten » | No, very bad » | Survival of the Fittest » | Back to Boston... Tomorrow » | The Belt Jumps Again » | Paul French Fries brings Crying » 

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 

Unusual Japanese

While I'm sure I could post pages on what I find unusual about the Japanese or what I find downright wrong about them, I'm going to focus on something that I just find a little unusual.

The Japanese are obsessed with food.

I'm not saying they're like gluttons or anything, it's just that what they eat is more important to them than we Americans. It pissed me off that every single, and I mean EVERY SINGLE, Japanese blog I went to had at least half of their posts with a picture of the food they were eating and a slight paragraph about what they eat. It's like they are keeping food logs or something. Every Japanese wrestler's blog (except Hayabusa) has a picture of what they ate.

And it isn't just the digital medium in which this comes out. I was talking to a guy from Japan yesterday (yay fun!) for the paper, and when I asked him his thoughts about Korea his first comment was that Korean food was "tasty". Here I am trying to get this guy to talk seriously about an important, nuclear situation and the first thought he has is that Korean food is tasty. He talked about the food in Korea for like a minute before I got over my shock and was able to stifle my laughter.

These damn Japos are gonna be fun to live among, I can tells you that. Side note, I am going to hold off signing up for the 2006 JET program and instead try to save up some money to get ready for the 2007 JET. Which means... I'll have to deal with the real world for a year. NOOOOOO!

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates