« Home | Halofeshten » | No, very bad » | Survival of the Fittest » | Back to Boston... Tomorrow » | The Belt Jumps Again » | Paul French Fries brings Crying » | Keep Your Dignity NJPW » | Nigel Witherspoon » | X to the Ray » | We get a Japo on 9/24 » 

Sunday, October 02, 2005 

Sabu is on My Television

So I suppose TNA debuted tonight on Spike TV. I didn't even remember this until I was flipping through the channels and saw Samoa Joe of all people. I passed by the channel, but after a quick "what the fuck" I turned it back to catch a promo hyping the X Division. That's how I caught TNA Impact. The first match I saw was Chris Sabin vs Alex Shelley vs Petey Williams. Alright, Shelley gets coast to coast coverage, kick ass. The only other match was Jeff Hardy vs Rhino, which sucked. Although it lead to the lights going out which means one thing, SABU!

At this point I was incredibly happy because I had been graced with the sight of new wrestlers on my television, after so much of the bland sameness of the WWE. AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, Chris Sabin, Alex Shelley, Abyss, Petey Williams, Ron Killings, Sonjay Dutt, Sabu, Raven, Chris Harris and James Storm, oh my happiness. Such good talent to occupy my time.

With the good comes the mediocre and the bad. Jeff Jarrett (a crappier version of Trips), Kevin Nash, The Dudley Boyz, Monty Brown (who can improve I think)... though with so many positives on the show, these weaknesses can be forgotten. TNA needs recognition, after which they will build or rebuild their owns stars.

I was extremely happy that TNA has gone back to hyping the X Division, which really is the only place it stands out. The heavyweight division is lackluster and the tag division is in a state of flux. So with all the shitty bookers gone, we get good quality X Division focus.

So I think I might start watching this... Mondays at 11:00 when the repeat is showing.

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates