« Home | Wrastlyng » | Langley Institute for Pirate Ghosts » | i hate myself » | Truth in Comic Form » | Tis a Killer » | Finally... November » | Still Going Strong Style » | Copy of a copy of a copy » | New Look for a New Day » | Is Hallowe'en Dead? » 

Saturday, November 19, 2005 

Eddie Guerrero

It's taken some time for me to get around and write this piece. Last Sunday, Eddie Guerrero died. When I first read this news I was most certainly in shock. I sat there and felt myself sinking, you know the feeling. I immediately went to wwe.com and got confirmation that Eddie had died. As a fan of wrestling this was something that really hurt.

Eddie was something really special in this world of wrestling. When I heard the name Eddie Guerrero, I knew I was in for something good. He was able to pick me up when I watched his matches, because he always managed to be entertaining. I knew if Eddie was on the show, there was going to be something good. Eddie was one of the pillars of wrestling that I had and continue to have so much respect for. He would draw you in with his charisma and keep you watching with his incredible in ring ability. He was a highlight of the WWE, from his work in the "Smackdown Six", which was one of the greatest periods of wrestling, to his incredible feud with Angle, to the unbelievable ladder match and feud with RVD, to "the moment" at Wrestlemania XX. When Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit embraced, both holding world titles, after Wrestlemanis XX, I saw the true heart of wrestling. It is one of the greatest moments in wrestling history.

Eddie Guerrero was one of the great wrestlers of this era. From his incredible work as Black Tiger II in Japan to his championship run in the WWE, he was always putting on incredible matches. I always found his matches to be exciting, energetic and extremely well put together. You could tell that he had his heart in this business. He cared about wrestling and he was in the WWE for the business, not the money. Every match was as important as the last to Eddie. He put as much effort in his Heat matches against jobbers as he did his main events against Lesnar and Angle.

I had the honor to see Eddie Guerrero in person three times. I will especially remember the final time I saw him, earlier this year. He faced Rey Mysterio in the match of the night. It was a classic brawl, ECW style. It was a lowly house show and Eddie bled ungodly amounts of blood. He was putting his heart into a match that only some 2000-3000 people would see, though I suspect he would have put the same effort into a match 2 or 3 people would have seen.

When I watched Raw on Monday there were tears. When I watched Smackdown! on Friday there were tears. Eddie Guerrero is a legend. He was the World Champion. He was one of the greatest wrestlers I have ever seen. These words I have written don't do you proper tribute, but you have your friends and family to do that for you. All I can say is that you earned my respect. I will forever be a fan of Eddie Guerrero.



Eduardo Gory Guerrero
1967-2005

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates