« Home | Merry Krunksmass » | и будет пунктом? » | All I've ever wanted... movie wise. » | Just a quick word » | I Still Hate Blogging » | The draw is in... » | Can't Make Heads or Tails » | Antonio Inoki Invades » | Veriseptitude algo Drepmaris » | Carolus Magnus » 

Wednesday, December 28, 2005 

Generic Ethnic Background

The thing about being descended primarily from English protestant settlers is that your ethnic background is absolutely boring. You tend to not care about your heritage at all and only see your family in terms of who is alive right now. There is also a wide separation between Americans of English descent and Englishman. Now this is not the case for anyone of any other descent at all. From the French to the Russians to the Italians to the Africans to the Chinese, they can all in some way tie back to their culture. They can look at it and say, "Yeah, I have a heritage I can be proud about," where English descendants look at the English and say, "Fuck those limey fags."

Since I don't care to celebrate my English ancestry, I'm going to start randomly adopting other ethnicities and embracing them as my own. I'm going to start proclaiming myself of various descent and champion my heritage du jour. I may be Nigerian today, Portugese tomorrow, and Malay the day after. Whenever someone asks me what I am, I'll give them a completely random answer depending on the first country that comes to mind.

So I bid you good day, my fellow Swedes.

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates