« Home | EC FUCKING W » | WORLD CUP FEVER » | ROH Live - Chapter 4 » | All the Fun is Gone » | I think I've got malaria » | Concise vs. Stylish » | ECW = Science Fiction wrestling? » | A Sure Thing is Never Sure » | Introducing... Mrs. KENTA!!! » | Liger Soul, Liger Smash » 

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 

They've all had a chance...

The first set of group matches in the World Cup are over. Every single country in the competition has competed and have shown their form for the 2006 World Cup. Some countries have come out strong, others have come out disappointingly weak.

The United States was absolutely creamed by an aging Czech Republic, which doesn't bode well for the US since they still have to face a strong Italy and an unpredictable Ghana.

England won on a lucky mistake from the Paraguayans who put the ball in their own goal. They're just through by the skin of their teeth. They'll probably down Trinidad and Tobago, but Sweden could sweep them under.

The Netherlands had a good showing in their win, my pick for overall winners get the important win.

Mexico and Portugal win decisively and look likely to advance in their group against two weaker sides.

Japan were absolute choke artists. They were up by a goal for an entire hour, but in under ten minutes they gave up three goals to a weak Australian team. With Brazil and Croatia as they're next opponents, Japan WILL NOT advance. A poor showing for a team that had so much hope. Just a wretched group draw for them.

France gets an unfortunate draw and Korea gets a much needed win to be at the top of their group. Korea could advance if they manage to beat Switzerland, who will likely beat Togo as well.

Spain fucking WRECKED the Ukraine. They won 4-0 in a lopsided match. International choke artists Spain may be in line to win their first ever World Cup. For a country where soccer is more important than family, it's a shock they've never won. After this showing, this may be the year.

My predictions are looking shaky after this first round, but with two matches left for every country, ANYTHING can happen.

Peter Griffin: This comedian sucks. He couldn't make me laugh even if I was laughin' my ass off and he was the one makin' me do it. Come on, skinny, make me laugh!
Lois Griffin: Peter, that's a microphone stand.
Peter Griffin: Oh, well, excuse me for thinkin' that a microphone stand in a comedy club should tell a joke or two. I guess I'm just old-fashioned that way.

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates