« Home | One-Nil » | Films on the Horizon » | KRUNK UNIVERSITY » | 6/7 » | D-O-N-E... or as close as I can be » | You Can't Break Me Down, Temporal Causality » | The Children of Advantageousness » | Quick Wrestling Thoughts » | Styling and Profiling » | ECW LIVES! » 

Monday, May 15, 2006 

Liger Soul, Liger Smash

I'm starting to wonder whether Japan was, like, especially created for me or something. Because there are other countries that I want to go to, sure, but Japan just seems perfect. I was watching that show on Travel Channel yesterday and the host went to China, which just seemed much more bland. It did have the cultural aspect which was great, but the people seemed to be lacking... I don't know, a certain quirkiness I suppose. Maybe Hong Kong or Shanghai would be what I'm looking for. Still want to go there. Not as much as my future home, Japan, though.

Japan is a perfect match though, outside of the standard cultural coolness that seems to just glisten from every aspect of Japan. Japan is the number two country in the world for professional wrestling. In fact, most of the best matches come from Japan, many of my favorite wrestlers are Japanese. Also the birthplace of video games is essentially Japan. Most of the best games of all time came from Japan. Many, many years ago that was the reason I wanted to go, but now it's really blossomed from that to a point where that isn't a reason for wanting to go anymore. But it's a match for me. Ninjas and samurai, I have loved these two historical warrior types forever. Everyone loves ninjas, more or less. Before I knew what the hell Japan was I wanted to be a ninja (probably because of old-school TMNT). Japanese are now making some of the best horror movies in the world, too. And who doesn't love horror movies? The anime thing used to match, but now I fucking hate it. And of course, the Japanese love Scandinavian metal!

The Japanese people are priceless, too. No doubt about it. Plays right into my "everyone that isn't like me is funny" mentality, possibly because I'm not a good person.

Japan. A country created specifically for me. What is your country?

O-Ren Ishii: Silly Caucasian girl likes to play with Samurai swords.

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates