« Home | ECW = Science Fiction wrestling? » | A Sure Thing is Never Sure » | Introducing... Mrs. KENTA!!! » | Liger Soul, Liger Smash » | One-Nil » | Films on the Horizon » | KRUNK UNIVERSITY » | 6/7 » | D-O-N-E... or as close as I can be » | You Can't Break Me Down, Temporal Causality » 

Saturday, May 27, 2006 

Concise vs. Stylish

I'm a writer.
This is a fact even if I tend to be in a continuous state of writer's block. Actually I wouldn't say that I have writer's block so to speak, it's just I don't have the... motivation to write perhaps. It's not that I have a shortage of ideas or stories to write about, it's just that I can't really get going on any particular project for an extended amount of time. All of the journalism-style writing that I've been doing is not helping me be able to write longer pieces. I've been training very hard for the past three years to write tight, concise articles in AP style. This has made my professional writing MUCH better to the point where, and this isn't ego, I'm probably one of the better journalists at my school writing-wise. It's not like I go to Columbia or anything, but I'm still fairly proud.

Anyway, this has had an adverse effect on my literary writing. I find myself being unsatisfied with my longer writing because it seems so longwinded. I know that's how it's supposed to be, but now I'm having trouble slowly unraveling a plot. I'm having trouble writing subtle plotlines anymore.

I don't lack for inspiration, I am constantly writing stories in my head. A good liar is a good storyteller, they are always thinking on the fly. When I listen to music I don't listen to the words, really, I write a story in my head and let the music push my thoughts around. Like I've said before, everything I see or hear about helps me and I can include even the littlest tidbit in my writing. My mind isn't hungry for inspiration. I need a muse. Every great writer had a muse, a reason to write, a force that drove them to write, something that motivated them. I hope I'm destined to find my muse.

I'm young yet, I've got years to go. I'll continue crafting stories, and one day I know I'll find my motivation.

If you wake up at a different time, in a different place, could you wake up as a different person?

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates