« Home | Again... » | The Traveler does not travel » | They've all had a chance... » | EC FUCKING W » | WORLD CUP FEVER » | ROH Live - Chapter 4 » | All the Fun is Gone » | I think I've got malaria » | Concise vs. Stylish » | ECW = Science Fiction wrestling? » 

Saturday, June 24, 2006 

We are Korea, You are Tajikistan

Been a week since my last post, and that is almost entirely due to the almost non-functional computer that I now have. It works half the time, doesn't work half the time. Viruses, spyware, nonfunctional programs, random shutdowns. Whatever. I'll fix it when I feel like it. If I actually have the ability to fix this wretched machine.

WORLD CUP! This thing is great! Even though, in the end, the "big name" teams always win or I end up disappointed. The United States dropped out in the first round after a lot of hype. Japan had a dismal showing, due in part to a bad group draw. Korea ended up losing to Switzerland and dropping in the first round... I really wanted Korea to advance. So many European teams advance, Brazil moves on... so boring. Now I'm cheering for Netherlands (my pick), Spain (perennial losers needing the big one), and Ghana (not a fucking chance).

Scraping paint is not fun, especially when the sun is beating down on you. It is productive work, though, and that I like. Though I can never match my restless brother's project-of-the-day levels of energy, I feel good putting my energy towards something. It's much better than spending half the day doing nothing and half the day doing damn near nothing. I don't consider writing productive, and I don't feel like I've accomplished anything after "creating".

Peter: Everybody in 1955 was on fire. I never knew that.

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates