« Home | Hell has entered my life... » | Der Gesetzgeber der Westküste » | In which he returns to university. » | Да, я все еще говорю о воевать » | New World Champion » | Half Thoughts » | I am the cure... » | Change Your Life » | Wrestling Awards - 2005 » | Generic Ethnic Background » 

Sunday, January 22, 2006 

What a month! More gold changes hands.

The most excellent month perhaps ever has gotten more excellenter! Yes, I used a fake word for how great this month has been.

JUN AKIYAMA WON THE GHC HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE!

Another major title change has happened, and another GREAT champion begins his title reign. Everyone knew that Akiyama would have a second reign as GHC Champion, and that time has finally come. SternesS wears the gold, gold that he won from Akira Taue at the Tokyo Nippon Budokon. This match sold the Budokon out! Legit sell-out. Those are getting hard in Japan, but NOAH can do it. I'm sure this had some help from the undercard of KENTA vs Naomichi Marufuji, which KENTA won. I've already heard people declaring KENTA vs Marufuji a MOTYC.
Akiyama has said that he won't feel like a real champion until he defeats Kenta Kobashi. To me that sounds like a main event at the Tokyo Dome again! It did very well two in 2004 and was one of the frontrunners for MOTY. With the tables turned and Akiyama champion, I am certain that a damn good crowd could be drawn. I've also seen reports that Marufuji is a top contender for the belt, which strikes me as odd since he's still a junior. He needs to gain some muscle to challenge.

Edge, Kurt Angle, Jun Akiyama. Who's next?

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates