« Home | What a month! Royal Rumble edition » | Dirty Schemes to the Detriment of the Fans » | Struggling With a Surname » | What a month! More gold changes hands. » | Hell has entered my life... » | Der Gesetzgeber der Westküste » | In which he returns to university. » | Да, я все еще говорю о воевать » | New World Champion » | Half Thoughts » 

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 

Does a Conversation Require Two People?

So I realized today that I get all of my greatest and most profound thinking done while I'm driving alone. I've always known I do this, chatter on endlessly to myself while driving. Of course since I'm most likely listening to music, I'm not entirely tuned into what I'm saying. Don't misinterpret this, I'm not constantly rambling nonsensical, maniacal words. I'm just thinking out loud. And in doing so I can get out some of my best thoughts.

Today on the way home I sort faded into what I was thinking/saying and found out that I was verbalizing my theories on religion almost perfectly. Usually when I'm trying to define my belief structure, which in no way resembles any known religion and is closer to Thomas Jefferson's beliefs, I simply stumble around and give no indication of what's really going on in my head. In the car I was saying it perfectly. I don't usually talk politics or religion because it's too inflammatory and I can never say what I mean. In the car I verbalize these things perfectly.

One day, I'm going to bring a tape recorder with me and write a transcript of what I say.

... these quotes are longer than my posts.
Coach McGuirk: All right, listen up, that was a good game. We all showed up, and I'm proud of that.
Melissa Robbins: Coach McGuirk, I was just wondering how come they cancelled the game after ten minutes?
Coach McGuirk: Well, because we were losing by 20 goals, Melissa. It's called the Slaughter Rule. You know, Melissa, if we played the full game, we probably would have lost by a hundred goals. I don't know why I'm saying "we". I wasn't out there running around like it was the first time I ever used my legs! Melissa.
Melissa Robbins: Okay!
Coach McGuirk: You know, it's like when they stop a boxing match because the guy's bleeding too much, you know, all cut up. Only this was worse. I mean, fractured jaws get wired shut; broken noses become badges of courage... Melissa.
Melissa Robbins: [whispers] ...okay.

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates