« Home | And you, sir, look like a pirate » | FUTURAMA-AMA » | Does a Conversation Require Two People? » | What a month! Royal Rumble edition » | Dirty Schemes to the Detriment of the Fans » | Struggling With a Surname » | What a month! More gold changes hands. » | Hell has entered my life... » | Der Gesetzgeber der Westküste » | In which he returns to university. » 

Sunday, February 05, 2006 

Everyone's A Story Except Me

If you look at any person you will see a great story. I've learned that by opening my ears and listening, a skill picked up as a journalist-in-training. Perhaps my greatest, and only, skill is listening. Everyone is a bundle of events happening now and in their past that are incredibly interesting.

Other people's lives encourage me to write. If you've been around me than you've probably heard me say, "That would make a great story," or ,"You could write a book about all that." Rest assured that every time you hear me say that, I've gone and made extensive notes about whatever it was you were saying. I write down the things I hear, the events of other people's lives, so that I can go back over them and become inspired. I do this because I worry that my life was never a good story. I know so many people who have been through tragedy, family trouble, personal trouble, and such.

Everyone reacts differently to the same situation. I can point to any three people that have been through the same rough spots and they all handled it differently. Sometimes I've seen people raised completely differently, but that ended up as very similar people.

Everyone has a story to tell except for me, it seems. As fascinating as the lives of others are, mine is relatively boring. "What can you say about your childhood?" you might ask. "Eh, wasn't too bad," is all I'd be able to say. How interesting can the life of a 22-year old slacker be anyway? Not very. Or perhaps it's because I'm not interested in telling the tale of my life because it couldn't possibly stack up. A series of minor failures, successes, disappointments and memories headlined by a few banner moments isn't too appealing. Or maybe I can't see the appeal because it's my life. I'm a fortress anyway, there's no getting me to tell my story.

Besides, why tell my story when I can tell the twisted tales of everyone I've ever met?

I'm not certain that I'll ever be motivated enough to write. I have the material. I just need motivation. I just need inspiration. In time. All in due time.

Ned: Now here's a little trick to help you remember. If it's clear and yella', you've got juice there, fella! If it's tangy and brown, you're in cider town. Now, there's two exceptions and it gets kinda tricky here...

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates