« Home | Dreams Must Forever Remain Dreams » | Happy Feast of St. Patrick » | Chefs of Iron » | Crying Voice and No Way to Help » | A Conversation With Myself » | A Boring Life is Two Thousand Times Easier » | Helping People Never Helps » | Living in a Daze » | The Gods Angrily Bury Us » | To Which He Ends His Absence » 

Monday, March 20, 2006 

My Favorite Subject

Returning to my favorite subject, one in which I could talk for hours upon hours (and often do)... wrestling!

This time I examine the Japanese front. New Japan ran their so called "big" show at the Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan (damn I love that name, first son will be named Satoshi Kojima; second son will be Ryogoku Kokugikan) and what a crappenfest it seems to be. The main event was the DREADFUL Akebono vs Brock Lesnar. Honestly, how can anyone be excited by this match? A former yokuzuna with an inability to move for more than 5 consecutive minutes, and a lazy, unmovtivated 'E' reject. This ended in 10 minutes. Akebono was to fat to do anything, Lesnar was to damaged to do anything and the fans yawned in "excitement". The most pathetic thing, the big news is "rulebreaking" being used in a NJPW ring. I like the legitimate flavor of New Japan if nothing else about the company. The contests are considered as close to real as anything in the wrestling world, and now we get some bland "ref is knocked out and misses a three count and heel hits a low blow" sort of shit. Just please don't go the Dusty Finish route, PLEASE.

The undercard was equally unimpressive sounding. I know I shouldn't judge until I see the matches and I often complain about people who do just that. But I'm a hippocrate in every sense, and what's bad for them is good for me. So I'll badmouth these yawners. Excepting the possible MOTN in Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kazushi Miyamoto. While Katsuyori Shibata would've been a better opponent for Tanahashi, I have a feeling Miyamoto did fine.

The tag title match seems blah with a non-killer Nagata and a still young Naofumi Yamamoto losing to a stale Chono and unlucky Tenzan. The junior tag title match might be worth a watch, as Kanemoto and Inoue were great as champions.

A-Train vs Scott Norton, oh god kill me. Togi Makabe vs Toru Yano, and the two openers are throwaway. The junior tag elimination match could pack some energy, but seems like it would be too clustered.

Anyway, hail to NOAH. Their big card was better top-to-bottom than this one.

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates