« Home | Living in a Daze » | The Gods Angrily Bury Us » | To Which He Ends His Absence » | What a year! Another title change. » | Sickness and a Surprise » | The Olympiad » | Global Expansionism » | Sting has Stung » | Everyone's A Story Except Me » | And you, sir, look like a pirate » 

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 

Helping People Never Helps

So I was in a bit of a daze earlier and, having recently watched Back to the Future part III, I started thinking about what time period I would most like to travel back into. Obviously time travel isn't that simple. Still, I put much thought into this. I decided I wouldn't want to travel forward in time except for a few select reasons. Anyway, a short list.

- 1940s Germany/Europe. I'd like to traipse around Nazi Germany and then fight in WWII against ze Germans.

- 1189, the Third Crusade. I would want to be part of the Third Crusade, see the great kings of Europe fight against the Arabs in defense of Jerusalem. I would so want to meet Saladin. Perhaps go up to Constantinople and check out the Byzantine Empire.

- 1580s-1600, Fuedal Japan. Watch the battles of Nobunaga, Hideyoshi and Tokugawa. See the last real samurai vs samurai combat. Chill with Miyamoto Musashi.

- 200, Three Kingdoms. Seriously, who didn't see this coming from me. I imagine I'd live almost 30 minutes, but how much fun would this be for real? Meet all the principle people of the period, then laugh as they all die.

- 1770s, America. Join the revolution, bitches. I'd bring style to those colonials. Plus I'd get to kill some Brits and fight old school imperialism. Besides, this is one of only two interesting periods in American history. Meet the founding fathers and go mano-a-mano with some of the great thinkers and patriots. Then scamper around "injun" lands.

There's the list, don't know which one would win out. Probably fuedal Japan or WWII. Plenty of other time periods I like, but these I see as the most interesting to try and experience.

Now bugger off you scamps.

Shingen Takeda: I am wicked, as you believe. I am a scoundrel. I banished my father and I killed my own son. I will do anything to rule this country. War is everywhere. Unless somebody unifies the nation and reigns over us, we will see more rivers of blood and more mountains of the dead.

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates