« Home | Mount Royal » | TA-NA-HA-SHI » | Thou Hath Lost Thy Fevre » | ITALY WINS WORLD CUP » | Notes of Randominity Again » | World Cup - Finals » | World Cup v4 » | BIRTH OF A LEGEND » | Technological Wunderkid » | We are Korea, You are Tajikistan » 

Saturday, July 29, 2006 

Return to Merka

So long to New France/Quebec/Canada/Montreel/Montreal and hello again to America/Merka/Maine/Brewer. It was a good trip, something I needed. A jaunt through a land that was seemingly foreign from my own, though in truth was right across the border. I guess we in Merka aren't used to calling something right over the border foreign, unlike Europeans. But it was so very foreign.

We did the normal touristy shit, this sight, that sight, take picture, repeat. I will say, though, that for the most part none of us were looking for touristy pictures. Sure... there were SOME, but for the most part we weren't taking pictures any differently than we would here in Maine. The botanical gardens were nice, especially the Chinee one. And the Japanese garden had a coy pond. It was the first time I had ever seen one. Those coyfish are attention whores!

I liked old Montreal, I wish I would've had more of a chance to explore that section. I loved the cobbled roads, the old stone buildings. It was a slice of Europe in North America. Anything that old here in Maine is usually a beat up old shed on the coast. I snagged three or four very good shots in that district, ones that seemed like failures but came out good.

Chinatown (Quartier Chinois) was very cool. It sort of had the feel of Asia as I would expect it, but it had a fake feeling too. Obviously it was built to both accomodate the Asian population and provide a sight for tourists, like us, to see. The food supply stores didn't interest me, really, but the little shops housed some hidden gems. I wish I had possessed any money so that I could've bought the stuff I wanted. I did LOVE the damn Dragon Beard Candy storefront/kiosk/thing! It was just a guy and his family making candy and drinks right on the street, and it was candy like I have never had before! Then his daughter went around smacking bugs with a giant oversized flyswatter, great fun!

First time on a subway, really just a fast train underground. Walking around the entire downtown area was easy. Though I wouldn't go so far as to say a car would be completely unnecessary, one could survive in Montreel without one.

I might post some pictures later...

As god as my witness, Mr. McMahon has screwed Bret Hart here in Montreel!!!!

Randal Graves: Oh man! I just joked on 'Lord of the Rings' so bad that I made some nerd throw up! Where are the cleaning supplies so I can make Elias clean it up?
Becky: They're in the cleaning closet.
Randal Graves: We have a cleaning closet?

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates