« Home | BIRTH OF A LEGEND » | Technological Wunderkid » | We are Korea, You are Tajikistan » | Again... » | The Traveler does not travel » | They've all had a chance... » | EC FUCKING W » | WORLD CUP FEVER » | ROH Live - Chapter 4 » | All the Fun is Gone » 

Sunday, July 02, 2006 

World Cup v4

So it's down to the final four teams in the World Cup. The dreams of Brazil, England, Argentina and Ukraine came to an end. In the first three countries, soccer is pretty much the most important aspect of life. I imagine the English didn't take this loss too well, as they haven't seen success in the World Cup since the 60s and were heavily touted to win this one. Only Brazil will be more disappointed. With thousands of fans flying in from so far away, it will be a long flight home from them after failing to reach the semis. I'm glad they didn't win, because they've had a lot of recent (by WC standards) success. Argentina were another championed team, but saw their dreams go by the wayside to Germany. You just don't fuck with the home country of a World Cup.

Of the four nations left, three have won the cup before. Only Portugal has never won. That's why I'm pulling for them to win the whole thing. After defeating a strong Netherlands team and downing favored England, they really have the ability to beat the big teams on the big stage.

Italy has won the cup three times, and are looking fairly strong since their draw with the US. Since this team has a lot of players from my second favorite European team, Citta di Palermo, I would like to see them win so that Rosanero fans will be cheering.

France won the cup once, eight years ago. They are so far without a loss and managed to overcome Brazil, a heavy task. This is why they will be favored over Portugal. I wouldn't mind if France won, they've earned it by taking such a hard road and downing Brazil.

Germany can go fuck off and die. They're the home nation, though, so they have that advantage. They'll probably win... but I want them to win the least.

All European final, eh? Preview of Euro 2008 is it? Oh well.

Frink: I take it from that impressed noise that you are interested in buying that matter transporter, sir.
Homer : Hmmm. Two bucks...and it only transports matter...(to Frink) I'll give you thirty-five cents for it.
Frink: Sold. But I must warn you, sir, this machine carries a high risk of catastrophic...
Homer: I said, "I'll take it"!

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates