« Home | Notes of Randominity Again » | World Cup - Finals » | World Cup v4 » | BIRTH OF A LEGEND » | Technological Wunderkid » | We are Korea, You are Tajikistan » | Again... » | The Traveler does not travel » | They've all had a chance... » | EC FUCKING W » 

Sunday, July 09, 2006 

ITALY WINS WORLD CUP

Victory for Azzurri, victory for Italy!!!!
Italy wins it's fourth ever World Cup.



How vicious was Zidane's headbutt on that Italian?
How great was the penalty shootout?
How great was this tournament?

I've watched upwards of 50 games of soccer this past month. Unbelievable. Now I won't watch any until the European leagues start up in the fall. Or maybe Euro 2008. Or maybe World Cup 2010. Who knows.

It all came down to a Rosanero player, Fabio Grosso. All he had to do was nail the penalty and Italy would win, and he sure as death did. PALERMO! PALERMO! US CITTA DI PALERMO! Well represented in this astounding victory.

All I know is that for one month I followed soccer like a religion. I knew who everyone was, I had favorites, I had passion, I rooted for the underdog and I saw a team beat the odds and win it all.

ITALIA!
COPA DE MUNDIAL!
FUTBOL!
ITALY ITALY ITALY!!!

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates