« Home | I'm a Wreck » | Crushed Dreams » | Enfranchise the Disenchanted » | Inoki a Madman » | Wrestling Awards - 2006 » | I Was This ....].[.... Close » | Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii » | Decembers... man... » | Happy Kwanzaa Eve » | Sleep Now in the Fire » 

Tuesday, January 30, 2007 

Journey of the Mysterious Majic Monkey

I've been wondering for a while now about game consoles. I honestly don't play a lot of games anymore. I just don't feel like doing that. But I still wonder about the next big systems. I know the Wii is the system of the moment, and I'm still trying as hard as hell to get one. It seems to be the most popular, but I just don't know personally if it'll be the best one in the end.

The Wii is a very creative system, and I definately want one. I'm just wondering if it will end up being a system of games that are esentially Minigames and novelty attractions, and if it will ever really be a system of "great" games. The PS2 was without a doubt the system for great games last time around. Classics that you can play over and over. The Gamedolphin only had a couple of games like that, and then a bunch of cute novelty games. The setup of the system really does open up the way for more casual gamers, but the hardcore crowd will end up pushed away from it because of it's less than serious approach.

The only reason nobody wants a PS3 is because it's so goddamn expensive. However, the downright godly graphics and focus on a more traditional controller will allow for complicated and in depth games that will knock you out. The Wiimote is really limited in terms of versatility at any single moment. There are a hundred different ways to play with it, sure, but at any given moment you can't do them all.

Either way, I'm getting a Wii first because it's fucking cheap. I'll get a PS3 way down the road when there's something on it and they've worked out the kinks. Oh and when I don't have to whore myself out to buy one.

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates