« Home | Sting has Stung » | Everyone's A Story Except Me » | And you, sir, look like a pirate » | FUTURAMA-AMA » | Does a Conversation Require Two People? » | What a month! Royal Rumble edition » | Dirty Schemes to the Detriment of the Fans » | Struggling With a Surname » | What a month! More gold changes hands. » | Hell has entered my life... » 

Thursday, February 09, 2006 

Global Expansionism

Pro Wrestling NOAH is getting ready to take the world by storm, starting with the USA. In an effort to move into a global market, NOAH has announced plans to release DVDs stateside. That's right, soon enough you will be able to walk into Best Buy and pick up the latest NOAH DVD. I assure you, this I WILL be doing.

Once Kobashi brought back word of how well recieved he was in the US, plans were already being made and ya'll know it. He knew he had a market over here. Just so long as we don't get FMW level commentary. All they had to realize is that they were the top wrestling company in the world. Not hybrid mma/wrestling, not sports entertainment, WRESTLING! They are putting on the biggest events of the year, their Tokyo Dome show was the number one show in the world in 2005. They are THE wrestling company. Once they hit America, they'll take over. I see an offshoot US promotion or maybe a TV deal soon.

Another aspect of this expansion is that Kenta Kobashi has secured a US work visa, which means he'll be back. He'll be back A LOT! KENTA and Marufuji are going to be back a lot as well. Just think of the possibilites. Akiyama, Misawa, Taue, Kobashi, oh my god I think I'm going to have a heart attack.

At least NOAH knows how to expand properly. NJPW is so damned idiotic in their "expansion", looking for one time payoffs. Running a show in Bangladesh will NOT create a permanent audience, it will just produce big payoffs from a population that doesn't know what wrestling is.

Anyway, here's to the future of NOAH. Oh and it's offshoot youth promotion, Pro Wrestling Shem.

Adam West: Damnit, Swanson, I want them found!
Joe Swanson: Mayor West, we have every available man looking for the Griffins, we just don't have any leads.
Adam West: Not the Griffins, you moron! The rest of my Lite Brite pieces! My name isn't "Adam We"... or is it? Who am I? What number did you call? Don't ever call here again.
[he hangs up the phone]
Adam West: I guess I told him! Nobody messes with Adam We!

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates