« Home | Everyone's A Story Except Me » | And you, sir, look like a pirate » | FUTURAMA-AMA » | Does a Conversation Require Two People? » | What a month! Royal Rumble edition » | Dirty Schemes to the Detriment of the Fans » | Struggling With a Surname » | What a month! More gold changes hands. » | Hell has entered my life... » | Der Gesetzgeber der Westküste » 

Monday, February 06, 2006 

Sting has Stung

So let me get this straight, NWATNA is paying Sting half-a-million dollars to come in wrestle one show in January, "retire", come back in JUNE and wrestle another show. This is re-fucking-diculous. Why hire someone who doesn't show up for your tapings and is only there for 1/3 of the ppvs? He costs ten times what the regular roster does and he's there so much less of the time.

True he really boosted their ratings and was a critical factor in the time slot move, but all he is now is nostalgia. Sure he was great 10 years ago, but not so anymore. There's only so far that nostalgia can go, which is why I think he's not working shows.

But still there's no need to pay him THAT much, it sends a bad message to the workers. At least he hasn't got an ego.

I must say they FINALLY found the washed up WCW guy that can actually HELP there company. Scott Hall, Kevin Nash, Diamond Dallas Paige, Macho Man Randy Savage, Curt Hennig, Jeff Jarrett... these people all cost a pretty penny and did nothing for business. Sting costs a pretty penny and boosts business a shitload.

So it's not all bad with Sting, it's just that he costs so much for a company that spent 2 years losing money on weekly ppvs. I guess it's paying off.

Hattori Hanzo: I'm done doing what I swore an oath to God 28 years ago to never do again. I've created, "something that kills people." And in that purpose I was a success. I've done this, because philosophically I'm sympathetic to your aim. I can tell you with no ego, this is my finest sword. If on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut.

About me

  • Busaiku25
  • Bangor, Maine, United States
  • My profile
Blogwise - blog directory

Powered by Blogger

eXTReMe Tracker Locations of visitors to this page
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates